WHAT IS A COOCKIE?
A cookie is a small text file, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. There are various types of cookies which perform different functions, such as remembering which items you have placed in your shopping basket or recording your browsing habits. The information recorded by the cookie is retrieved on the user’s next visit to the site. For more information about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org
WE USE COOCKIES
• Your browser settings, such as the type of browser you use and what plug-ins you have installed. This keeps us from bothering you every time you enter the site in order to make sure that you have the necessary equipment to play a game or download information from our sites. It also allows us to know how many people are using certain types of software, so that we can adjust our site to provide the best browsing experience for every visitor.
• Your language and region choice. This means that if you have once chosen English as a language this is the default language that will be using when you revisits us
• Your shopping cart and shopping options.
• What products you view and buy on www.audiotricity-hifi.com so we can provide you with suggestions
• What products and gallery entries you have rated and the rating you have given
• The last time we asked you to participate in a survey and whether you answered it so we do not prompt you too often
• Your movement on and usage of our sites. We do not collect personal data as part of this. We collect statistical data so we can optimize our site.
• Recently used data – to improve performance. In case we store personal data in a cookie, the information will be encrypted and thus safe.
Some cookies last until you close your browser, others are stored for longer. Our maximum cookie age is 12 month.
We use third party companies as suppliers for some of our functions. Their use of the data is controlled by our contract with them and they are only allowed to use the data strictly for the purpose we have stated.
Audiotricity use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online.
Third-party vendors, including Google, show Audiotricity ads on sites across the Internet.
Audiotricity and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to the Audiotricity website.
If the user is to participate to activities proposed by Audiotricity on a variety of Social Networks, such as Twitter or Facebook, it becomes his responsibility to control the security and privacy policies of such networks along with their conditions of use.
REVIEW AND UPDATE OF PERSONAL DATA
You may always contact us to review and update personal data we may have stored about you. You may either use the following or contact our Consumer Service. Please note that prior to accessing and making changes to your account, we must verify your identity properly. It may take up to 10 business days before changes take effect.
Access to a number of www.audiotricity-hifi.com services are protected by access restrictions based on user name and password. It is important that you always choose a password which is hard to guess for others, and protect your password against disclosure.
All external transmissions of personal data facilitated by us are protected by encryption.
All data storage, at Audiotricity operated computer facilities as well as at business partner facilities, will be subject to written contracts.
Generally, processing of personal data will take place in accordance with applicable legislation and best practices concerning data security.
Credit card information is directed to one or more approved and certified service provider(s), and will not be stored for longer than it takes to process the data.
Handling of personal data is controlled by documented policies and procedures, including strict physical and logical access control, security back-up, failover, anti-malware protection, monitoring and vulnerability detection mechanisms.
WANT TO GET RID OF COOKIES
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your computer or device by setting your browser to not accept cookies. Some browsers provide a mode where cookies are always deleted after a visit. This is called InPrivate in Internet Explorer version 8 and newer; Incognito in Google Chrome version 10 and newer; Private Browsing in Firefox version 3.5 and newer; Private Browsing in Safari version 2 and newer and Private Browsing in Opera version 10.5 and newer.
The exact instructions for this can be found in the manual for your browser. You can delete cookies already on your computer or device at any time. If you choose not to accept cookies at all, you can still visit our website, however we cannot guarantee an optimum experience without cookies.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Rua Maria de Lourdes de Mello e Castro, 4, 3C
1600-238 – Lisboa