FIND OUT HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
FIND OUT HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Audiotricity is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Under the data protection law it has a legal duty to protect any personal information it collects from you.
We do not capture and store any personal information about an individual who accesses this website, except where he or she voluntarily chooses to give Audiotricity personal information via email, or by using an electronic form on the website, or by enquiring about any of Audiotricity’s services.
Generally, the Audiotricity will be guided by the following principles when processing personal data:
1. We will only collect personal data for specific and specified purposes;
2. We will not collect personal data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes;
3. We will not use personal data for purposes other than that for which the data was collected, except as stated herein, or with prior consent;
4. We will not transfer personal data to third parties or across borders, except as stated herein, or with prior consent;
5. We will seek to verify and/or update personal data periodically, and we will accept requests for amendments of personal data;
6. We will apply high technical standards to make our processing of personal data secure;
7. Except when stated herein, we will not store personal data in identifiable form longer than is necessary to accomplish its purpose, or as is required by law.
As a general principle, we process personal data in order to facilitate or improve the Audiotricity’s offerings and services to you. We do purchase supplementary data from public sources to complement our data bases.
We do not process personal data on behalf of third parties, nor do we sell personal data to, or share personal data with, third parties for their own, independent use, except if you allow us to do so.
We do share personal data with third party vendors when it is necessary to provide services that we don’t perform ourselves, e.g. shipping of Audiotricity products, mailing of Audiotricity Newsletters, etc.
We also use third party data hosting companies to store personal data collected by us in their servers, and to do data validation checks for us.
All data transfers to third party vendors or partners, including those listed as examples above will be subject to a written contract between us and the third party vendor or partner in question, and the vendor or partner will not have any authority to use such personal data for any purpose other than as instructed by us.
We will disclose personal data when legally obligated to do so under subpoena or court order, or for law enforcement purposes.
When you ordering online via www. audiotricity-hifi.com, we will process transaction-related personal data, such as your first and last name, mailing and shipping address, phone number, email address, credit card or other payment information. We will also process information about your purchases with us.
We will use such personal data to process and deliver your order, to provide notification of order status, and to update your profile periodically to ensure that we have the most accurate personal data available. We will also use said personal data to analyze customer behavior and to customize our communication with you, if applicable. In this respect, we may transfer tracking information about your use of our sites to external service providers, which will help us optimize your browsing experience. Optimization services will be performed under a written contract between us and any service provider.
If you opt-in (or upon request), we will send you promotional and marketing emails. These may be targeted to you based on your purchase history or online browsing behaviour.
You may contact our Consumer Service with questions or comments related to the Audiotricity, and our products and services.
When you contact us, we will process personal data such as age group, your email address, your gender, first and last name, mailing address, phone and/or cell phone number, as relevant.
A cookie is a small text file, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. There are various types of cookies which perform different functions, such as remembering which items you have placed in your shopping basket or recording your browsing habits. The information recorded by the cookie is retrieved on the user’s next visit to the site. For more information about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org
• Your browser settings, such as the type of browser you use and what plug-ins you have installed. This keeps us from bothering you every time you enter the site in order to make sure that you have the necessary equipment to play a game or download information from our sites. It also allows us to know how many people are using certain types of software, so that we can adjust our site to provide the best browsing experience for every visitor.
• Your language and region choice. This means that if you have once chosen English as a language this is the default language that will be using when you revisits us
• Your shopping cart and shopping options.
• What products you view and buy on www.audiotricity-hifi.com so we can provide you with suggestions
• What products and gallery entries you have rated and the rating you have given
• The last time we asked you to participate in a survey and whether you answered it so we do not prompt you too often
• Your movement on and usage of our sites. We do not collect personal data as part of this. We collect statistical data so we can optimize our site.
• Recently used data – to improve performance. In case we store personal data in a cookie, the information will be encrypted and thus safe.
Some cookies last until you close your browser, others are stored for longer. Our maximum cookie age is 12 month.
We use third party companies as suppliers for some of our functions. Their use of the data is controlled by our contract with them and they are only allowed to use the data strictly for the purpose we have stated.
Audiotricity use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online.
Third-party vendors, including Google, show Audiotricity ads on sites across the Internet.
Audiotricity and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to the Audiotricity website.
If the user is to participate to activities proposed by Audiotricity on a variety of Social Networks, such as Twitter or Facebook, it becomes his responsibility to control the security and privacy policies of such networks along with their conditions of use.
You may always contact us to review and update personal data we may have stored about you. You may either use the following or contact our Consumer Service. Please note that prior to accessing and making changes to your account, we must verify your identity properly. It may take up to 10 business days before changes take effect.
Access to a number of www.audiotricity-hifi.com services are protected by access restrictions based on user name and password. It is important that you always choose a password which is hard to guess for others, and protect your password against disclosure.
All external transmissions of personal data facilitated by us are protected by encryption.
All data storage, at Audiotricity operated computer facilities as well as at business partner facilities, will be subject to written contracts.
Generally, processing of personal data will take place in accordance with applicable legislation and best practices concerning data security.
Credit card information is directed to one or more approved and certified service provider(s), and will not be stored for longer than it takes to process the data.
Handling of personal data is controlled by documented policies and procedures, including strict physical and logical access control, security back-up, failover, anti-malware protection, monitoring and vulnerability detection mechanisms.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your computer or device by setting your browser to not accept cookies. Some browsers provide a mode where cookies are always deleted after a visit. This is called InPrivate in Internet Explorer version 8 and newer; Incognito in Google Chrome version 10 and newer; Private Browsing in Firefox version 3.5 and newer; Private Browsing in Safari version 2 and newer and Private Browsing in Opera version 10.5 and newer.
The exact instructions for this can be found in the manual for your browser. You can delete cookies already on your computer or device at any time. If you choose not to accept cookies at all, you can still visit our website, however we cannot guarantee an optimum experience without cookies.
Rua Maria de Lourdes de Mello e Castro, 4, 3C
1600-238 – Lisboa